Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bhindi's OK!

A short update to say that Bhindi just got out of surgery and is doing fine. In fact, her omphalocele was so small that they said it was more like a herniated umbilical cord than a real omphalocele. The great news is that she might be able to come home with us within the week. That's such great news, as were expecting to be in the hospital for around a month. She's just a trooper I guess. She's recovering in the NICU now and might be able to take food soon instead of just IV fluids. In fact, she's already produced some poop, which is a great sign that everything is in working order. I've been practicing with the breast pump, although I haven't produced milk yet. We've got at least another day in the hospital before they kick us out, which is great because I'm still in a lot of pain from all the ripping and stitching. That's about it for now, now it's just a waiting game to see when Bhindi will come home with us. We'll keep you updated.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy! Wish i was there sharing in the joy. But just so you know there's a lil joy party going on up in WA for you guys!

sheena said...

thank you for updating your blog!! so happy to see Bhindi - she looks beautiful. :D am praying for you guys. take care!! xoxo.

DANIELLE said...

When I first read this I thought Derek was writing and laughed hysterically at the thought of HIM using the breast pump!

Oh that just made me laugh again!!